Neanderthals are extinct, but they were the closest relative of modern humans. Up until about 30,000 years ago, human beings shared the Earth with Neanderthals. The two species were so close that they sometimes mated. Scientists have long believed th

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(319) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

W: Hello, Joe, Havent seen you for quite a while. Are? you fine? M: Oh,yes, but not a thing to go against me. I had a car accident, only some minor injuries though. Q: What happened to Joe? W:你好,乔,很久不见,你好吗? M:还好,我

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四级对话理解

VOICE ONE: I'm Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: Climbing in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Some people say the higher you climb, the harder you fall. But those people probably would no

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. On September ninth, American football player Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills tried to bring down an opponent. There seemed to be nothing unusual about what he did. The twenty-five-year-old Everett pu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(九)月

Im Anderson Cooper. Welcome to thepodcast. Prosecution tries to show that George Zimmerman was not in alife-and-death struggle on the night he shot Trayvon Martin. That and theRidicuList. Let's get started. A key day for the prosecution a day to try,

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(七)月

First up.We are reporting on rescue efforts in Brazil after the sudden collapse of several buildings.This happened in historic center of Rio de Janeiro.One of the buildings is 20-stories high,the other was 10 and 4 stories.They were commercial buildi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(二)月

Erina: I have a brother so I can relate this. You know, my brother when he started to, you know, join karate team, my parents were super worried about, you know, head injuries and any kinds of injuries. Mike: Right. Erina: So what did your family say

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

As a result 结果 例句: As a result, I totally changed my plan. 结果,我完全改变了我的计划。 He didn't work hard, as a result, he failed his exam. 他因为不认真学习,考试没有通过。 As a result of 由于 He was late a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

(PARIS. Reuters)A man tried to extinguish the eternal flame burning under the Arc de Triomphe by sitting on it. (路透社巴黎电)一位仁兄坐在凯旋门下的永恒火焰上,想要熄灭这把火焰。 He was promptly pulled off the flam

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

The United Nations reports that deaths and injuries from the conflict in Ukraine have been rising in recent months. The conflict has now entered its fourth year. Russian-supported separatists in eastern Ukraine are fighting forces loyal to Ukraines c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

1、官方范文的重要性不言而喻,大家对官方范文的态度也有褒有贬,有人说这些6分的官方文章都是大牛写出来的,我们学不来,于是有的同学的重心就转向了北美范文。但有一点是不可否认的

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

WASHINGTON, Jan. 6 (Xinhua) -- Two packages detonated(爆炸) on Thursday at two government buildings in the U.S. state of Maryland, but caused no serious injuries, state authorities said. One package detonated at the Jeffrey Building in Annapoli

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2016-07-21 Pro Wrestlers Sue WWE Over Brain Injuries WWE摔跤手因脑损伤起诉WWE Retired professional wrestlers are suing World Wrestling Entertainment, also known as WWE, for head injuries they claim to have suffered in the ring. The

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-07 North Korea Releases Dam Water into South Without Warning 朝鲜水坝无预警开闸防水 North Korea released water from a dam near its border with South Korea Wednesday morning without warning. 周三早晨,朝鲜在未经预先

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where Tom has taken a tumble. 欢迎回到Tip Top Trading,汤姆在这里跌倒了。 He was trying to catch a mouse but tripped over. 他在捉老鼠的时候跌倒了。 Can Anna help soothe the pain

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Idiom: prince charming ( Mr. Right ) Hit the book: Pave the way Vision strain Faulty Ventilation Bend Inadequate Fall proof stepladder An office environment presents a unique set of potential injuries from other lines of work. Working virtually 100%

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Wk 35 (31 August 1997) Princess Diana Dies After A Car CrashThis Week in HistoryPrincess Diana dies shortly after a high-speed car accident in Paris, France. In 1997, Princess Diana, who was the former wife of British monarch Queen Elizabeth II's eld

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. For medical students, real experience begins not in a classroom but at a teaching hospital. These doctors in training are supervised. But sometimes accidents happen and the students get injured. For exam

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

For more on this topic, we are now joined by Mr Liu Huawen, executive director of the Center for Human Rights Studies at the China Academy of Social Sciences. Q1: As our previous reports mentioned, school bullying is a major problem worldwide. I am w

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

The defence department secretary Denice Richardson has called Australia to take a strong stand with China on the South China Sea. Mr.Richardson says China will remain its longest longterm trading partner but it's not important Australia is very candi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2016年